Easy Apple Dumpling Recipe: Flaky dumplings chock-full of apples and topped with a sinful brown sugar butter sauce. The easiest and tastiest breakfast for chilly Fall mornings!
If you’re anything like me Fall has you craving all things apple.
However, if you ask me to bake you something for breakfast especially on a Fall morning one of 3 things will happen:
1. I will throw my alarm clock (read: tablet) at your face. OUCH! #notsorry
2. I will scream at you: I WAS JUST UP FEEDING THE DOGS AT 5 AM, HOW DARE YOU REAWAKEN ME. IF YOU DON’T HAVE A WAGGING TAIL GO AWAY!
3. I’ll cover up my head and pretend you don’t exist. Am I the only person that likes sleeping with my head under the covers? Yes? Okay then…
However, even a lazy late sleeper like me can handle making these for breakfast. They’re yummy and nearly foolproof if you follow my easy apple dumpling recipe.
They’re SO easy you can make them in the morning before school, or even the night ahead..
Promise me you’ll try my easy apple dumpling recipe before Fall is over?
An Easy Apple Dumpling Recipe for the Morning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 wedges.
- Roll each apple piece inside a crescent roll. Place in prepared pan.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter. Then stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Cook on low until thickened.
- Pour over dumplings. Pour the soda into the middle and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Crockpot Apple Butter
Apple Tasties From Blogs I Heart:
Apple Praline Cake via Inside BruCrew Life
Caramel Apple Smoothie via Crazy For Crust
Baked Crumble Apples via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of this easy apple dumpling recipe? What’s your favorite fall treat?