Easy Cronuts Recipe: Soft, moist croissant style donuts topped with a sweet vanilla glaze.
To say that I am not a morning person is an understatement.
Things I do on a regular basis:
1. Hit the snooze button 7 times (maximum times allowed on my phone).
2. Stay in my jammies until noon.
3. Sleep with my head covered because the sun doesn’t understand I need darkness until mid afternoon.
4. Curse at birds who have the nerve to chirp loudly outside my window at the ungodly hour of 9 AM.
5. Beg the dog to please try to hold it just “a few more minutes”.
With the Cronut (Croissant + Donut craze) sweeping the nation, the last thing I’d ever want to do is wait in a bakery line at 6 AM. That’s why I was determined to find a copy cat cronut recipe that would allow me to enjoy these at home.
Cronuts Recipe – Semi-Homemade Heaven
This cronuts recipe takes no time at all and tastes AMAZING! I haven’t tried the “real” cronuts recipe, but these are one of the best donuts I’ve ever had!
Goes Great With
Easy Cronuts Recipe
- 1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Uncut Crescent Sheets
- 1 snack-size 4-ounce container of vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Fill pan with around 2 inches of oil. Heat oil to 350 degrees over medium heat.
- Fold dough in half in one direction then fold in half in the other. Cut about 3" circles from the dough using biscuit cutter of cup/glass.
- Then Cut about 1" circles from center of each 3" shape. Reserve 1" circles to cook as cronut holes.
- Gather up scraps , roll ,and cut an additional cronut.
- Fry the donuts about 90 seconds on each side until golden brown.Drain on paper towels, and allow to cool before glazing.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add additional milk as needed.
- Split a cooled cronut in half and fill with 2 tablespoons of pudding then replace top.
- Drizzle top with glaze and allow it to set.
Have you ever tried a Cronut? Would you want to? What do you think of this cronut recipe?