I’m always grateful that my birthday is in the summer, and not near any major holidays. I’m not sure I’d like having to celebrate too close to a major holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving. (Less presents duh!).
While my birthday isn’t near a major holiday, it is near a minor holiday. I was born in 7/12. Do you know what the holiday is yet?
7/11=National Free Slurpee Day at 7 Eleven. I miss is every year because I’m too busy planning my birthday or thinking about other things.
I am going to enjoy a Slushie this year even if if I have to make it myself! Which is exactly what I’m doing today.
It is easier than you might think. It only takes a few simple steps and a few common ingredients.
Blue Raspberry Slushie Recipe
Blue Raspberry Slushie
- 2 cups Club Soda Chilled
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Blue Raspberry Lemonade Kool-Aid Drink Mix or your favorite flavor!
- 3 cups Crushed Ice
- 8 drops Neon Blue Food Coloring Optional
- Open the club soda. Dump out a few tablespoons so the bottle is not full. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend club soda, sugar, food coloring,and Kool-Aid in a blender.
- Add the crushed ice and blend until it reaches your desired consistency. Service immediately.
You may also enjoy:
Other refreshing summer drinks from blogger I heart:
1. Lemon Drop Fizz via Crazy for Crust
2. Malibu Sunset Cocktail via Averie Cooks
3. Strawberry Ice Cream Float via Grandbaby Cakes
4. Frozen White Hot Chocolate via Dine and Dish
5. Cheery Beer Margaritas via The Blond Cook