Stuffed Pepper Casserole(Last Updated On: March 31, 2020)
Stuffed Pepper Casserole: Flavorful beef, and saucy rice topped with plenty of cheese. Easier and faster, to make than stuffed peppers!
Stuffed peppers are a classic comfort food, but they can be a pain to make.
If you like stuffed peppers, you are going to love this easy stuffed pepper casserole. It has all the flavors you love, but is easiest and quicker to make. It is also much more kid friendly! Serve with garlic knots and mashed potatoes for a stick to your ribs meal.
This stuffed green pepper casserole recipe is going to become a new family favorite.
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Prep Work: Cook rice. Preheat oven, and grease pan.
- Brown beef, and cook onion and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings. Stir in rice.
- Bake: Top with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you Freeze Stuffed Pepper Casserole?
If you are looking for a great freezer meal, this stuffed bell pepper casserole is exactly what you need. You can make this casserole and freeze it or you can freeze leftovers. Be sure to store in an airtight container. It will last in freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before baking per the instructions in the recipe.
2. How Long Can I Keep Leftovers?
Be sure to store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The casserole should be kept at room temperature for no longer than 2 hours. When stored properly, this inside out stuffed pepper casserole will last about 3 days.
3. Can You Use Any Color Peppers?
When you make stuffed peppers, green peppers are typically used. However, any color will work. Red and yellow peppers are slightly sweeter. If you have someone who is reluctant to try a stuffed bell pepper casserole you can try the milder red and yellow peppers.
What to Serve With Stuffed Pepper Casserole
When I make this stuffed pepper casserole I like to serve it with a crusty roll, and a side salad.
It also goes great with:
Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet,cook onion and ground beef until browned.
- Add green pepper and cook for ~4 more minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce,Italian seasoning, and salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Pour into prepared pan. Top with cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
What do you think of this stuffed pepper casserole? What is your favorite casserole recipe?