Cake Batter Bars
I first discovered blogging after watching TLC. I wasn’t watching Extreme Couponers, Say Yes to the Dress, or even Sister Wives. I was watching some kooky late night program about people who made a living entering giveaways.
“YESSSS that will be me”, said my sleep deprived brain.
I started entering online giveaways later that night (many of which were hosted by blogs). As time went on I discovered blogs had actual content on them (shocking I know). It took me awhile to find ones I could connect with.
1. Crafts: (Nuuuuuu too hard)
2. Kids (No thanks!)
3. Food blogs: YES please!! nomnomnom
The first food blog post I ever read was Cake Batter Truffles. I’ve always been addicted to Cake Batter Ice Cream, but didn’t know there were 134242 desserts with that flavor profile. I left a rambling comment and the blogger replied saying to let me know if I ended up trying them. -food blog fan girl scream-.
Today I’m sharing another of my favorite Cake Batter Recipes: Funfetti Cake Batter Bars
Funfetti Cake Batter Bars Recipe
Cake Batter Bars
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg, and 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
<b>Vanilla Buttercream Recipe:</b>
- 3/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Salt, to taste
<b>For the Bars:</b>
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil. Spray with Non-Stick spray. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredient mixture. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the pan using greased hands. Bake 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
<b>For the Buttercream:</b>
- Cream butter. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread frosting on top of bars. Top with extra sprinkles if desired.
Sally’s Baking Addiction
You may also enjoy:
Other Cake Batter Treats from Bloggers I Love:
Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches via Crazy for Crust
Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake via Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Cheesecake Brownies via Inside Bru Crew Life
Cake Batter Oreo Cheesecake Dip via Something Swanky
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies via Six Sister’s Stuff