Orange Creamsicle Bars: Soft and chewy orange bars topped with fluffy cream cheese frosting: tastes just like an orange creamsicle!
In general I’m not a big fan of citrus. It is too sharp and tangy for my palette. However, when you mix orange with sweet cream, it becomes truly magical in my mind.
I’ve always enjoyed frozen orange creamsicles, but let’s be honest they’re not the most exciting dessert in the world.
I wanted to capture the contrast of tangy citrus with mellow cream in a dessert. These Orange Creamsicle bars do just that.
Orange Creamsicle Bars Recipe
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Small Box Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Extract
- Orange Food Dye (or red and yellow!)
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Softened
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl stir cake mix and pudding until just combined. Mix in eggs, oil, orange extract, and food coloring.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Spread frosting over the bars with an offset spatula.
Orange Creamsicle Bars Adapted via:Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
You may also enjoy:
Outrageously Delicious Orange Recipes from Bloggers I love:
Orange Pushup Smoothie via Averie Cooks
Orange Pound Cake via Crazy For Crust
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake via Inside Bru Crew Life
Orange Scones Via Shugary Sweets
Orange Creamsicle Truffles via Cooking Classy
What do you think of these Orange Creamsicle Bars?