This orange fluff is as light as air, and heaven on the tongue. Tastes just like an orange creamsicle with none of the sticky mess!
I love cold salads like cheesecake fruit salad, and frog eye salad. Have you been craving an old fashioned orange salad just like you ate growing up? This mandarin orange salad with cool whip is going to become your new favorite for ever occasion. I’ve made it so many times I can practically make it in my sleep!
It is great for potlucks, picnics, and holiday dinners.
It is called a salad but everything that goes into it screams dessert. Plus let’s be real. We all know my favorite salads include fruit instead of veggies, and cool whip instead of olive oil. 😉
Of course, you can have it anytime you want it and it is still going to taste amazing. One bite and you’ll learn why my family calls it orange dreamiscle salad.
- Orange Jello: You can use regular or sugar free. I used regular.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding: Again you can use regular or sugar free. I used regular french vanilla.
- Boiling Water and Cold Water
- Cool Whip: I used the extra creamy variety, but any will work fine.
- Mandarin Oranges: The mandarin orange is a small citrus fruit that is similar in appearance and flavor to the tangerine. It is sweet and juicy.Be sure to drain before adding to the salad.
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Make Orange Fluff Salad
- In a large bowl, combine jello and boiling water. Add cold water, and place in the fridge.
- Stir in vanilla pudding, and chill again.
- Fold in oranges, cool whip and mini marshmallows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Freeze It??
This can technically be frozen. It will taste great even after it has been frozen. However, since there is Jello in it, the texture will change after it is frozen. Jello has a different consistency when it is frozen.
How Long Does It Last?
This salad will last about 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make it up to a day in advance. I would not make it too far ahead though. The longer it sits the the more the oranges will release their juice which can change the consistency.
- This dish can be made diabetic or Weight Watchers friendly by using sugar free jello, pudding, and Cool Whip.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to serve a larger crowd at a picnic, family reunion, or church potluck. It is always quick to disappear!
- Chill before serving to allow everything to come together. It tastes even better the next day.
You can adapt this recipe to fit your favorite flavors, or the colors of the season. Other fun varieties to try:
- Peach: Use peach jello and canned peaches.
- Strawberry Banana: Use strawberry jello and sliced bananas.
- Patriotic: Use blue jello with fresh strawberries.
- Pineapple: Use pineapple jello, with pineapple tidbits.
- Strawberry Kiwi: Use strawberry jello and diced kiwi.
More Orange Treats
- 1 3 Ounce Box Orange Jello
- 1 3 Ounce Box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- ½ Cup Cold Water
- 8 Ounces Extra Creamy Cool Whip
- 2 14 Ounce Cans Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine orange jello and boiling water. Stir until combined.
- Stir in cold water, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in pudding mix, and refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, and oranges. Enjoy!