Guinness Cupcakes: Rich chocolate cupcakes topped with boozy buttercream and a decadent caramel drizzle.
What could be better than a chocolate cupcake?
Nothing you say?
Wrong! The correct answer is a boozy chocolate cupcake!
These chocolate Guinness Cupcakes are SO soft and moist thanks to sour cream and 2 eggs.
Then I added Bailey’s Buttercream to my Guinness Cupcakes. If St. Patrick’s Day isn’t the prefect excuse for this decadent little creation I don’t know what is!
Indulge with me!
Delicious Guinness Cupcakes
- For the Guinness Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Guinness Beer
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup Sour Cream
- For the Bailey’s Buttercream
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Caramel Sauce, For Garnish if Desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add Guinness and simmer. Whisk in cocoa. Cool slightly.
- Pour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, salt and sour cream.
- Then stir in flour a little at a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners ~2/3 of the way full. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the Bailey's Buttercream
- Cream butter. Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Alternate with Bailey's until you reach your desired consistency.
- Putting it All Together
- Pipe or spread cupcakes with buttercream. Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.
Adapted via Baked Bree
Guinness Cupcakes Shopping Tips:
- Don’t have sour cream? Feel free to use plain greek yogurt instead.
- I used caramel ice cream topping for drizzling on top of my cupcakes.
Craving more cupcakes?
Guinness Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Guinness Chocolate Brownies by Life Love Sugar
Guinness Pot Roast by Cooking with Curls
What do you think of these Guinness Cupcakes? What is your favorite St. Patrick’s Day drink or dessert?