Homemade Funfetti Cupcake: Moist, pillowy vanilla cupcakes studded with sprinkles and topped with fluffy buttercream.
Back when I was a young’n we were allowed things like sugar in school. Everyone was allowed to bring in a birthday treat to help celebrate their special day. The “trendy” choice was always Funfetti Cupcakes (vanilla cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles). Because funfetti cupcakes are like 10x more festive and adorable than your average vanilla cupcake right?! (and that’s a scientific fact!). This is a homemade from scratch version of my favorite childhood cupcakes: funfetti cupcakes! It is a lot easier than you may think!
More Cupcake Recipes
Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
Funfetti Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt better in a large microwave safe bowl. Whisk in sugar.
- Stir in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Divide batter between 12 liners (Fill around ⅔ of the way full). Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Frosting
- Beat softened butter for 3-4 minutes. No electric mixer? No problem, just use a wooden spoon.
- Stir in heavy cream, and vanilla. Gradually stir in confectioner's sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Top with additional sprinkles if desired.
You may also enjoy:
Fabulous Funfetti Recipes from Bloggers I love:
Soft Batch Funfetti Sugar Cookies via Averie Cooks
Funfetti Ice Box Cake Via How Sweet Eats
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake via Culinary Couture
Funfetti Martini via Food Wine Thyme
Funfetti Cupcake Recipe adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction
What do you think of these homemade funfetti cupcakes?