Irish Nachos(Last Updated On: April 27, 2019)
Irish Nachos: Crisp potato rounds topped with crispy bacon and gooey cheese. Your new favorite appetizer or side dish: so addicting!
I can never get enough nachos. Once I start, that plate is doomed! I think what makes them so appealing to me is the combination of flavors/textures.
These Irish Nachos (aka nachos made with potatoes are something else entirely). Crispy potatoes, gooey cheese, crunchy bacon, and creamy sour cream. I’m in heaven!
These Irish nachos make a great appetizer/side dish IF you can share. Personally in our house we each grab some on a plate.
More Game Day Eats:
I went with traditional loaded baked potato toppings like bacon, cheese, and green onion. However, feel free to use whatever toppings you/your family prefers.
Adapted via Cooks with Curls
- 3-4 Idaho Potatoes Scrubbed Clean and Sliced ~1/4 Inch Thick
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Crushed
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Finely Shredded
- 6 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisp and Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Onions Minced
- Salsa and Sour Cream If Desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until coated.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip over. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Place cooked potatoes in a large oven safe skillet. Top with cheese and bacon. Return to over for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Irish Nachos Shopping tips:
- I like making my bacon in the microwave so I don’t have to mess around with frying it. Simply cover with a paper towel and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp.
Looking for more easy appetizers?
What do you think of these Irish nachos?