Disclaimer: Today’s delicious BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe was made possible by Sweet Baby Ray’s. They sent me product samples and a gift card to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
During football season our meals revolve around the television set. A mid afternoon game calls for a sandwich and chips for lunch. An evening game calls for a big bowl of popcorn.
But what about when football and dinner time collide? (I’m looking at you 4:25 PM games). Ordering out for pizza is the obvious choice. However, the cost and processed ingredients make me think twice.
Making your own BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe is easier than you might think. Here is my favorite game day version.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2¼ Cups Flour
- ¼ Oz. Pizza Yeast
- 1½ Tsp Sugar
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- ⅔ Cup Warm Water
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken, Chopped (around one breast)
- ⅔ Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ⅔ Cup Smoked Gouda Cheese,Shredded
- ½ Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt together. Add warm water and oil. Mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the remaining flour/water alternating a little at a time.
- Knead on a floured surface with greased hands for 4-6 minutes or until dough no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Press or roll into a circle.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken and 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce until coated. Set aside.
- Top prepared crust with BBQ sauce. Top with cheese, BBQ chicken, and onion.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust is starting to brown.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe Partially adapted via: Sally’s Baking Addiction .
Are you a football fan too? Who’s your team? Mine is the Dallas Cowboys! (Giants or Redskins fans, go ahead click off now). Just kidding! We can all get along right?
We can even enter a fun contest with our smack talk with the new Sweet Baby Ray’s Pass the Sauce Contest .
To enter simply send your friends a Smack Talk E-Card on Facebook. (Don’t pretend like you don’t trash talk them in your feed every week anyways ;). You can win a year’s supply of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce! Both parties snag a coupon too!
What do you think of this BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe?