Pizza Margherita Recipe:Thick and chewy no rise homemade pizza brushed with garlic and topped with gooey cheese. Easy to make and faster than delivery!
On Friday night, are you a homebody or someone who wants to go out on the town? Personally, I’m more of a stay at home girl.
I’d much rather watch a movie at home, than fight the crowds at the theater.
Craving more than popcorn with your movie? Try my delicious Pizza Margherita Recipe. It’s seasoned crust and melty cheese is perfect for dinner on the couch! So yummy and it comes together quicker than delivery!
I made mine with Stella cheese. Their Mozzarella is perfect for this Pizza Margherita because it melts really well while remaining stretchy. I love that their cheeses have been made the old fashioned way since 1923.
Make These Pizzas Next
For The Pizza Dough
- 2 ¼ Cups Flour
- ¼ Oz. Pizza Yeast
- 1½ Teaspoons Sugar
- ¾ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ Cup Warm Water
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For The Toppings
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Roasted Garlic Minced
- ⅓ Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Stella Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Plum Tomatoes Thinly Sliced
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Fresh Basil If Desired
For the Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt together. Stir in ⅔ cup of warm water and olive oil. Mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the remaining flour/water alternating a little at a time.
- Knead on a floured surface with greased hands for 4-6 minutes or until dough no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Press or roll into a circle.
For The Toppings
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and minced garlic together. Brush over crust.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is brown around the edges.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil if desired.
Pizza Margherita Recipe Adapted via Sally’s Baking Addiction
So it’s well established that I’m a homebody. However, I’d never turn down a chance to enter to this awesome giveaway. The grand prize is a trip to New York City for dinner a broadway show. Click here to enter! Remember you can enter once per day!
What do you think of this Pizza Margherita? How would you use your Stella cheese?
Something wrong with the amount of water. Says 2/3 cup water in ingredients, and then in the directions says 1 cup water initially and then the rest alternating with the flour. What is it really? Please let me know what the correction is. Thanks
I’m sorry for the error. The correct amount if 2/3 cup of water.