Grasshopper Pie: Cool and creamy mint pie that is easy to make and even easier to eat! No bake and only 6 ingredients required!
As time goes on things inevitably change. Many things I loved as a kid are now POOF gone! I’m looking at you Rugrats, Bubblegum cigars, and lets not forget Blockbuster!
However, Grasshopper Pie is still around, and for good reason! It’s cool creamy mint filling plus a chocolate cookie crust make it a summer must have.
I love that this Grasshopper pie recipe is no bake. The last thing I want to do in the summer is turn on my oven!
Grasshopper Pie Shopping Tips:
- Feel free to use a premade oreo crust if you’re short on time.
- Want to make a non boozy version for the kids? Substite 1-2 teaspoons of mint extract for the liquers.
- 16 Oreo Cookies Crushed (I used Double Stuf)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 13 Ounce Jar Marshmallow Fluff
- ⅔ Cups Half and Half
- 2 Tablespoons Creme De Menthe
- 2 Tablespoons Creme De Cacao
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Green Food Coloring If Desired
- Extra Oreo Crumbs If Desired
- Crush oreo cookies in using a plastic bag and a rolling pin. (A food processor would also work fine if you have one).
- In a medium bowl, combine oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into a pie pan, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat half and half and marshmallow fluff over low heat, stirring constantly until combined. Remove from heat and place sauce pan into an ice bath.
- Once cool stir in creme de menthe and creme de cacoa. Add green food coloring, if desired.
- Add one to two drops green food coloring (optional!)
- In a large chilled mixing bowl, beat whipped cream using a cold whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallow mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Sprinkle with extra oreo cookie crumbs. Freeze for 2-3 hours
Easy Grasshopper Pie adapted via The Pioneer Woman
Craving more pie?
Cool Treats From Blogs I Heart:
Drumstick Pie via Small Town Woman
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake via Inside Bru Crew Life
Root Beer Float Pie via The Domestic Rebel
What do you think of this easy grasshopper pie?