Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Whoopie Pies: Creamy banana filling inside 2 melt in your mouth chocolate cakes. Your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor in whoopie pie form.
One of my favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavors is Chunky Monkey. In case you haven’t devoured a whole
bowl okay fine pint like I have, it consists of banana ice cream, walnuts, and chocolate fudge chunks. Yum right?
These Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Whoopie Pies combine all those great flavors into a new sweet treat. I didn’t use actual Chunky Monkey Ice Cream, but I bet it would also be amazing between these 2 mini chocolate cakes.
No mixer is required, mix it up with a good old wooden spoon. You can certainly use a whoopie pie pan if you have one (I don’t). Instead I used a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Whoopie Pies
Chunky Monkey Whoopie Pies
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 5 Ounce Box Banana Creme Pudding Mix
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Walnuts Finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Mix for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls. Flatten slightly with a greased palm.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Use an ice cold bowl and whisk, to whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir in powdered sugar and pudding mix.
- Generously spread half the whoopie pies with banana cream mixture.
- Top with remaining whoopie pies.
- Sprinkle sides with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Craving more Whoopie Pies?
Whoopie Pie Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
- Brownie Whoopie Pies via Inside Bru Crew Life
- Oreo Whoopie Pies via Tastes of Lizzy T
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies via Damn Delicious
What do you think of these chunky monkey ice cream whoopie pies? What is your favorite Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavor?