Want all the taste of strawberry shortcake with the convenience of a candy bar? Try this bar recipe that packs the flavor of a strawberry shortcake into the palm of your hand!
Looking for a unique summer dessert? Consider my Strawberry Shortcake Bars. They’re made with real strawberries and sugar cookies! Put this all together and it’s like a portable strawberry shortcake!
It’s made with an amazing sugar cookie crust (seriously you’re going to be using this for EVERYTHING!). The Strawberry Shortcake Bars are stuffed with a strawberry whipped cream cheese filling and topped with more sugar cookies!
They’d be perfect for summer picnics, family reunions, ect.
- 2 Cups Crushed Sugar Cookies (Homemade or Store Bought), Divided
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Pound Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small box mix 1/12 cups of crushed sugar cookies and butter until blended. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, wash, hull, and slice strawberries.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese and strawberries.
- Spread on top of cooled crust. Top with remaining sugar cookies.
- Store in the freezer for a cool summer treat.
Strawberry Shortcake Treats from Blogs I Heart:
Strawberry Shortcake Trifles via Desserts Required
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake via Life Love Sugar
No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Pie via Crazy for Crust
What do you think of these Strawberry Shortcake Bars? What’s your favorite way to use up summer strawberries? Leave me a link below I’d love to see it!