When I saw the World’s Best Chocolate Chip cookies floating around Pinterest, I couldn’t resist giving them a whirl.
At first glance, they don’t look like anything special, butter, sugar, and chocolate chips! However the
secret ingredient cornstarch makes them rise a bit more when cooking.
The result is a soft, chewy, fluffy cookie loaded with chocolate chips.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1.5 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup d brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Cream butter and sugar together. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- 2. Mix in flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Heat open to 350 degrees F.
- 4. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop drop onto ungreased pans.
- 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine took 8).
- 6. Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes.
Adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction