Our family loves pecan pie. However, making a whole pie is difficult, and we often don’t finish it.
My solution is Pecan Pie Bars. Pecan Pie Bars have all the great flavor and crunch of a pecan pie, in a small square. Best of all you don’t have to roll any pie dough.
They’re small enough to fit on a cookie tray,and your friends/neighbors are sure to appreciate them.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the sides and bottom of one 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, butter and salt until the mixture resemble coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir the eggs, corn syrup 1 ½ cups white sugar, melted margarine and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the hot crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until set.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
What do you think of these pecan pie bars?