Rich eggnog meets smooth and creamy cheesecake in this decadent eggnog cheesecake. Your favorite holiday beverage in cheesecake form is perfect for Christmas dessert.
Christmas Eve in our house isn’t anything fancy. It usually consists of:
1. Frantically wrapping all those presents you swore you’d have wrapped by December 1st 😉
2. A casual supper like tacos or sloppy joes
3. Tons of cookies for dessert
4. Opening one present. If you’re super lucky it’s a game or book to make the night pass more quickly!
The smell and flavor of eggnog just remind me of Christmas Eve!
It consists of an easy graham cracker crust filled with a rich creamy cheesecake that is just to die for! It’s made with real eggnog so the flavor is spot on. I like to dust mine with extra nutmeg on top for that warming note we all love!
This recipe will quickly become your new favorite holiday dessert to serve the family during your gatherings.
Why I Love This Cheesecake
- Eggnog Flavor: Rich eggnog and warming nutmeg make this taste just like your favorite holiday recipe.
- Serves a crowd: This makes it great for parties and gatherings.
- Crack Free: Follow my tips for a smooth cheesecake every time.
What Is Eggnog?
Eggnog is a common drink made of egg yolks and cream found during holidays, such as at Christmas. You can drink eggnog as a standalone beverage for a non-alcoholic drink. Liquor-like rum can also be added. You’ll typically find it in the dairy section near the milk in Fall and Winter.
- Graham Cracker Crust: Avoid using a premade graham cracker crust. They will not be big enough to hold all our filling. For a fun festive twist, you could also make your crust out of gingersnap or gingerbread cookies.
- Rum Extract: Rum extract add concentrated flavor. It works well here because it doesn’t have a high alcohol content or add extra liquid to our recipe. One teaspoon=about 3 tablespoons of rum.
- Cream Cheese: Use full-fat softened cream cheese for the best results.
- Nutmeg: Buy new nutmeg if you haven’t used yours since last Christmas. Opened spices taste best when used within 6-12 months after opening.
How To Make Eggnog Cheesecake
- Prep work: Preheat oven and grease pan. Wrap pan in foil.
- Make the Crust: Combine all ingredients. Press into pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, flour, and sugar. Stir in eggs. Finally add eggnog, nutmeg, salt, and rum extract. Pour into crust.
- Water bath: Fill a large roasting pan with water. Place wrapped springform pan inside.
- Bake: Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Leftovers and Making Ahead
- Making Ahead: Make up to 2 days in advance.
- Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Freeze for up to 3 months. You can freeze individual slices or the entire cake.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Use room temperature ingredients to help ingredients mix smoothly. Leave cream cheese out for around 30 minutes or microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften quickly.
- Avoid using tools like a blender or food processor to ensure that your cheesecake holds its shape.
- Preventing Cracks: Don’t overmix your batter or your cheesecake could crack. Also, avoid peeking in the oven which will lower the temperature.
- Water Bath: Don’t skip this: it helps the cheesecake bake evenly and prevents cracks too.
- Doneness: Cheesecake is done when the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. It will continue to set as it cools.
- Chill: For best flavor chill for 4-6 hours before enjoying.
More Eggnog Goodies
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs ~8 Whole Graham Crackers
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Melted
For the Eggnog Cheesecake
- 24 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened, (3, 8 Ounce Packages)
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Eggnog
- ½ Teaspoon Rum Extract
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg To Taste
- Pinch of Salt To Taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan. Use a springform pan IF you have it for easier removal.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Leave oven on, and remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and flour until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in eggnog, nutmeg, rum extract, and salt.
- Pour filling evenly over crust.
- Place ~1 inch of hot water in a large baking pan. Add springform pan into baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for ~45-50 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from water bath. Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
adapted via Taste of Home