Moist vanilla cake topped with homemade caramel, salty peanuts, and sweet candy corn.
I love cake bake bars. One thing that is so great about them is that they can be customize for any holiday.
For Halloween, I decided to dress them up with some peanuts and candy corn. I love the flavor of candy corn but it can sometimes be a little overpowering. Pairing them with salty peanuts provides a wonderful contrast.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal (i.e. Rice Krispies)
- 2 Cup Salted Peanuts
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir butter, eggs, and cake mix until combined.
- Use greased hands to press cake batter into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden brown.
- Immediately cover with marshmallows. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows puff up.
- In a small sauce pan mix corn syrup, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil stirring CONSTANTLY!
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Fold in cereal and peanuts.
- Spread over marshmallows. Sprinkle with candy corn.
You may also enjoy:
Funfetti Cake Bars
Other Candy Corn Recipes from Bloggers I love:
1. Candy Corn Magic Bars via Crazy For Crust
2. Candy Corn Cake via Created by Diane
3. Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse via Glorious Treats
4. Candy Corn Pretzel Bark via Very Culinary
5. Candy Corn Martini via The Slow Roasted Italian