Pink Lemonade Rice Krispy Treats
Sweet and chewy Rice Krispies with a hint of tangy lemonade flavor.
Is it my imagination or does pink lemonade taste better than regular lemonade? I know its simply a matter of dye, but it always tastes slightly sweeter to me!
In addition, it looks so much prettier in the glass (because that’s important right?).
I love cooling off on a hot day with a tall frosty glass of sweet and tangy lemonade. That was the inspiration for these rice krispy treats. They capture the flavor of summer whether it is July or January.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz bag of Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 packet Pink Lemonade Kool-Aid Mix
- ¼ cup Pink Candy Melting Chips
- ¼ cup White Candy Melting Chips
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Grease 9/9 pan with butter or non stick spray.
- Stir in marshmallows until they are completely melted and combined.
- Stir in Kool- Aid until combined. Add 3-4 drops of food coloring until the mixture is the desired shade of pink.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Stir until completely coated.
- Press mixture into pan with buttered or greased hands. Work quickly while the mixture is still pliable!
- Cool completely and then cut into squares.
- Melt pink candy chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt for 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted. Cool 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small plastic bag for piping, or simply drizzle with a spoon.
- Melt white candy chips in a separate microwave bowl as described above. Pipe or drizzle with a spoon