Best Mexican Street Corn aka Elote Recipe: Sweet corn topped with crumbly cotija cheese and sprinkled with just the right amount of spice. The best corn you’ve ever had guaranteed!
I love enjoying fresh sweet corn from the farmer’s market in the summer. In my opinion, corn is perfect on it’s own or with just a hint of butter and salt.
However, this elote recipe is something else! When I saw the recipe floating around Pinterest I knew I needed to try it. It didn’t disappoint!
The garlic mayo is creamy, the cotija cheese is crumbly, and the chili powder hits you at the end! SO good! You need to try it this elote recipe before summer ends!
- 6 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonnais
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Cotija Cheese, Crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2 Limes, Quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place corn in husks directly on the oven rack. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- While corn is cooking, in a small bowl combine garlic powder and mayonnaise.
- When corn is done brush with garlic mayo. Roll in cotija cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and chili powder.
- Squeeze with fresh lime juice if desired.
Mexican Street Corn aka Elote Recipe Adapted via Little Spice Jar
Craving more summer treats?
Crazy Good Corn Recipes from Blogs I Heart:
Creamy Corn and Zucchini via Buns in my Oven
Mexican Street Corn Salad via Love Bakes Good Cakes
Country Fried Skillet Corn via Spicy Southern Kitchen
What do you think of this elote recipe?