Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
Disclosure: Today’s Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats is brought to your by #CollectiveBias and their advertiser as part of the #Eatmorebites Campaign.
I’ve always been very close to my Grandparents. Visiting them always means getting a sweet treat from the candy dish. Even after 60 years of marriage, my Grandparents can’t seem to agree on a candy or the optimal house temperature! 🙂
Grandma prefers chocolate coated candies (and cold), while Grandpa prefers something with caramel (and hot).One candy bar he and I agree on is TWIX®. There is something magical about the creamy caramel, rich chocolate, and the crunchy shortbread cookie.
While at Walmart looking for a Father’s Day gift, I couldn’t resist taking a peak at the candy aisle. I knew I wanted to make him something sweet, but I wasn’t sure what.
The new display of TWIX Bites caught my eye. They are great for snacking, but I was considering how to transform them into a more decadent caramel dessert.
Unwrapped for easy baking!
Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats Made with Twix Bites!
I finally settled on Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats. There are actual chopped twix both inside and on the top of the bars. The salt provides the perfect contrast to the sticky caramel. (You’ll be licking your fingers afterwards trust me!). My grandparents claimed these Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats were the best Rice Krispie treats they’ve ever had!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce
- 5½ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of TWIX Bites; divided
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted.
- While this is melting, roughly chop your TWIX Bites.
- Stir caramel sauce and salt into the marshmallow mixture.
- Remove from heat and fold in cereal and ¾ of the TWIX Bites.
- Immediately press into a greased 9x9 pan. Press down with wax paper.
- Sprinkle remaining TWIX Bites over the top. Drizzle with additional caramel if desired.
Dying to try this recipe for yourself? Twix has been kind enough to give me this coupon to share with you! Save $1 or $3 when you buy 2!
Going crazy for bites and salted caramel Rice Krispies treats like I am? Be sure to check out this coupon for 3 dollars off as well at coupons.com.
What do you think of these Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats? What’s your favorite candy to snack on?