For Fourth of July or other patriotic parties, I want something that is “no fuss”. I don’t want to have to worry about slicing a cake, or whether my cupcakes are piped beautifully.
I want something that I don’t have to turn on my oven for, and that guests can just grab and go. This Rice Krispies Treats Pop recipe fits both of those criteria!
Rice Krispies Treats Pops
Feel free to adapt to fit any holiday:
Christmas: Red and Green
Valentines Day: Red and Pink
Halloween: Black and Orange
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- 8-12 Popsicle Sticks
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non stick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter over low heat. Then add ⅓ of the marshmallows and enough red food coloring to make it your desired shade of red.d
- Add ⅓ of the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Press the mixture into your pan with buttered hands.
- Repeat the process with one more tablespoon of butter and marshmallows only.Then add cereal.
- Press this mixture on top of the red layer.
- Melt the remaining butter and marshmallows. Stir in blue food coloring until it reaches your desired shade of blue.
- Stir in cereal and press into the pan on top of the white layer.
- Insert Popsicle sticks at equal distances.
- Cool completely before cutting into individual pops.
You may also enjoy:
Recipes from blogs I love: Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats via Crazy for Crust
Resees Krispies via Oh Sweet Basil
Cookie Dough Stuff Rice Krispies via Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Rice Krispies via Gimme Some Oven
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies via Sally’s Baking Addiction
What is your favorite patriotic dessert? Let me know the ingredients or feel free to leave ONE link below!