Pumpkin Pasties: Sweet and spicy pumpkin filling inside a flaky crust. This Harry Potter inspired treat puts pumpkin pie into the palm of your hand.
Anything from the trolly dear?
If you’re a Harry Potter
fan like me changes are you’ve spent hours, days, or weeks dreaming about living in the wizarding world.
What would you do first? My top 3:
- READ: Even the textbooks sound fascinating.
- Have my (liberated, and very well paid) house elf clean my home.
- Visit Honeydukes, and eat one of everything because sweets duh!
Let’s drown our sorrows in the fact that house elves don’t exist in these tasty pumpkin pasties. Sweet and spicy pumpkin filling inside a flaky pie crust. To make them even more decadent top them off with a spiced glaze.
Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert, or just munching on while reading a good book!
Pumpkin Pasties Recipe
- For the Dough
- 2½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1. Cup Butter, Diced
- ½ Cup Ice Water
- 1 Egg, Beaten With 2 Teaspoons Water
- Coarse Sugar, For Dusting
- For The Pumpkin Pasties Filling
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Cloves
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- For the Glaze
- ½ Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teapoon Nutmeg
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ginger
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cloves
- For the Pie Dough
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Cut butter in using a pastry cutter, or 2 forks. Mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time.
- Form into 2 dough balls, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For the Pumpkin Pasties Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out dough on a floured surface until it is ~1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 5-6 inch bowl to cut out dough circles.
- Place 2 tablespoons of pumpkin filling into the center of each circle. Moisten edges with water. Fold dough, and use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Cut 3-4 slits in the top of each pie, and brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- For the Pumpkin Pasties Glaze
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over pasties.
Pumpkin Pasties adapted via Chew Out Loud
Pie Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
No Bake Pina Colada Pie via Mom on Timeout
Strawberry Chocolate Pie via A Treats Affair
Brown Sugar Pie via Buns in My Oven
What do you think of these pumpkin pasties? What other Harry Potter food item would you like to try?