Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole(Last Updated On: September 4, 2020)
Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole: Mile high tortilla stack filled with seasoned chicken and tons of melty cheese. Mix up Mexican night in your house this week! Just like our chicken noodle, and chicken bacon ranch casseroles this dish is easy to make and family-friendly.
We cook Mexican food at least once a week. I love tacos, quesadillas,and tostadas as much as anyone. However, week after week they can get a little boring.
This Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole is the perfect way to mix up Mexican night. It’s full of all your favorite flavors and oh so cheesy. I grabbed pre cooked/seasoned chicken strips at the store. However, feel free to use leftover chicken. I would just season it with some taco seasoning.
It’s super customizable so feel free to use steak, pork, or even no meat at all in your Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole, yum!
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 9-Inch Flour Tortillas
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Chopped Southwest Cooked Chicken Strips
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 Roma Tomato Diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Cook tortillas 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Lay one tortilla on the bottom of your prepared cake pan. Spread with 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream. Top with chicken and cheese.
- Repeat this process 3 more times. Top the last tortilla with the remaining amount of cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with tomato and avocado if desired. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
What do you think of this Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole? What’s your favorite Mexican food?