Patriotic Cake in a Jar Recipe
I am all about easy grab and go desserts for a 4th of July barbecue. No one wants to mess with cutting a cake, or scooping out ice cream.
These adorable desserts are easy to take and even easier to eat. They can even double as a decoration on your buffet table.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- ¼ cup White Melting Chocolate
- Mix up your cake batter by following the directions on the box.
- Divide batter in half. Add red food coloring to one half.
- Spray 2 9x13 inch pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour one color into each pan. Bake for around 15 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut each cake into 12 circles. A 2" cookie cutter will work fine.
- No cookie cutter? No problem!
- An empty tomato paste can will work just as well.
- Alternate 4 red and white cake circles in a jar.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl. Gradually add powdered sugar and milk.
- Add blue food coloring and stir until combined.
- Pipe or spread frosting on the top of the cakes.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate out onto wax paper until nearly solid.
- Cut out small stars using a small star cookie cutter.
You may also like: