This buffalo chicken dip is creamy, cheesy, and spicy. This easy recipe is delicious enough to eat by the spoonful.
This delicious instant pot buffalo chicken dip is quick to make and works for any gathering. Whether you want to host a family for the holidays or looking for a dip for game night, this recipe will satisfy you!
Or turn it into a meal by serving it on top of baked potatoes, inside grilled cheese sandwiches, or in buffalo chicken pizza.
- Game Day
- Parties and Picnics
- Father’s Day
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy: The Instant pot does all the work for you!
- One Bowl: Only one dirty dish to clean.
- Crowd Favorite: Everyone loves this dip, and it is easily doubled for larger gatherings.
Ingredient Notes and Shopping Tips
- Chicken: Rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe. You can also use leftover shredded chicken. Avoid canned chicken which can contain too much liquid leading to a soupy dip.
- Hot Sauce: I like using Frank’s Buffalo sauce.
- Cheese: I used Colby Jack. Feel free to use your favorite. Bleu cheese would be yummy too.
- Cream Cheese: Use full-fat ingredients for the best results.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In the Instant Pot
- Prep Work: Pour water into an Instant pot, and place the trivet inside.
- Mix: Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cook: Cook for 7 minutes and then allow pressure to release naturally.
- Garnish: Top with hot sauce and green onions.
No Instant Pot? No problem!
- Oven Version: Bake in a heat safe skillet or 8×8 dish for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Slow Cooker: This dip can also be made in the crock pot by cooking on low for around 2 hours.
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Tortilla Chips or Fritos
- Potato Chips
- Crackers: Ritz, Club, Wheat Thins, Triscuits, or Chicken In a Biskit
- Bread Cubes
- Bagel Chips- Meat Man’s favorite
- Make Ahead: Assemble dip up to 24 hours in advance.
- Serving: Keep at room temperature no longer than 2 hours.
- Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat in a 350-degree oven for around 5 minutes or until warm.
- Freezing: Freezing is not reccomended.
- Manual Release: You should flip the pressure valve as soon as the cooking time is up. I like to use a wooden spoon.
- Dish: Use a glass or stainless steel dish that is oven and pressure cooker safe. Avoid plastic.
- Trivet: A trivet is a small stainless steel rack that keeps the water and your dish from touching. Look for them on Amazon.
- Mix Well: Ensure ingredients are fully incorporated or the dish may seperate while cooking.
- Thicken: The dish will thicken as it sets. If you prefer a thinner dip, add a little milk.
- Serving suggestion: Serve it right out of the Instant pot set to the Keep Warm setting.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and garlic powder.
- Stir in the chicken and ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Spoon into an Instant Pot safe baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Place a trivet at the bottom of your Instant Pot. Then pour in water.
- Place dip on top of trivet.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes. Do a manual release.
- Top with additional hot sauce and green onions if desired.