Mac and Cheese Muffins
My favorite part of Macaroni and Cheese is the crispy cheese on top. This delicious Mac and Cheese Muffins Recipe creates single servings, with crispy cheese all around the edges. It makes 12 individual muffins or 6 servings.
Slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon (1/8 of a stick) of butter
- 1 Egg Beaten (just whip it in a dish with a fork)
- 1 Cup of Whole Milk
- 1½ Cups Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- 1½Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Seasoned Dry Breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl until the crumbs are moist.
- Boil lightly salted water and add the macaroni. Cook for around 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and return it to the pan. Then mix in butter and egg until coated. Stir in Milk, Mozzarella Cheese and one cup of the Sharp Cheddar Cheese until melted.
- Spoon evenly into a muffin pan. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of Sharp cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until slightly browned. Let sit in tins for a few minutes before enjoying!
Nutrition Info: Amount Per Serving Calories: 208 | Total Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 46mg (5 WW Points Plus per serving!)