Berry Overnight French Toast Casserole
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Egglands Best. All opinions about this overnight french toast casserole are my own.
I love enjoying breakfast foods, but I’m usually too tired to cook anything. Truth be told, I tend to get up late, and grab a slice of toast heading out the door.
Make ahead breakfasts are a must if I”m going to cook before noon! Here’s one of my favorites: Berry Overnight French Toast Casserole. The best thing about overnight french toast casseroles is that you can do all the prep work the night before. Night Owls rejoice!
Berry Infused Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 1 loaf thick crust bread (2-3 days old), cut into 1 inch cubes - I used Cinnamon Bread from my grocery's bakery
- 2¼ cups milk
- 6 Egglands Best Eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries - I used blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
- Place the washed berries & 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small to medium nonstick pan on medium low heat, cover with a splatter screen and stir occasionally until they have reduced in size and resemble a textured jam without much juice left.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place bread into prepared dish. When the berry reduction is done, gently pour it over the bread and toss carefully making sure you get a nice coating.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread. Lightly press down on bread to help it soak up the liquid. Dot with butter; let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Also I’d like to let you know about two awesome contests Eggland’s Best has going on right now!
1. Recipe Contest: Enter an original recipe for the chance to win a $10,000 grand prize or a $1,000 prize in each category.
2. Not into recipe contests? Be sure to enter my giveaway below for a $25 Visa Gift card and 2 free product coupons.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What do you think of this overnight berry toast casserole? What’s your go to weekend breakfast?