When I do make a cake I am usually embarrassed to present it to my family let alone the whole internet!
A few summers back I discovered the Ice Cream Sandwich cake where you layer ice cream sandwiches and various toppings. It looks complicated, but honestly couldn’t be more easy to put together.
My version uses red and blue ice cream for an even more stunning presentation. Now you can wow your guests at your 4th of July picnic without slaving (or stressing) over piping a cake!
Let me show you how.
Patriotic Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 12 Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 oz Whipped Topping, divided(I used Cool Whip Extra Creamy)
- ¼ cup Vanilla Wafers,crushed
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- Mix 8 oz of cool whip with the pudding packet. Fold in vanilla wafers.
- Divide this mixture in half. Add the desired amount of red food coloring to one half, and the desired amount of blue to other half.
- On a cookie sheet or other flat tray, stack four ice cream sandwiches. Cover with the blue cool whip topping. Be careful not to go too far over the sides of the ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with 4 more ice cream sandwiches. Cover these with the red cool whip.
- Top with 4 more ice cream sandwiches. Cover this with the container of plain (white) cool whip.
- Freeze for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
You may also enjoy:
Other Patriotic Desserts from Blogs I love:
Patriotic Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Barkvia Crazy for Crust
Red, White, and Blue Donuts via Taste and Tell
Red, White, and Blue Pinwheels via Just a Taste
Patriotic Banana Cream Pie via Secret Life of a Chef’s Wife
Blue Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies via Spachet the Spatula
Have you ever made an ice cream sandwich cake? What is your favorite dessert to wow guests?