Broccoli Salad With Bacon
Broccoli Salad With Bacon: Tender broccoli tossed with smoky bacon and crunchy sunflower seeds.
- 1 Pound Broccoli, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 12 Slices Bacon, Cooked Crisply
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Kernels
In a medium bowl mix sugar and hot water until sugar is completely dissolved.
Pour the water/sugar mixture over the broccoli.
Cool slightly. Stir in mayonnaise and vinegar.
Fold in cheese, onion, and bacon. Top with sunflower kernels.
Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Calories: 464kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 40g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 56mg, Sodium: 552mg, Potassium: 393mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 13.8%, Vitamin C: 82.6%, Calcium: 18%, Iron: 6.6%