Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with a sweet cherry buttercream and rich chocolate ganache.
For The Cupcakes
- 3 Oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetend Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 3/4 Cup Bread Flour
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
For the Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 of a 10 Oz. Jar of Maraschino Cherries, Roughly Chopped and Patted Dry
- 24 Whole Maraschino Cherries
For the Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a small bowl mix chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Pour in hot water, and whisk until smooth.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, salt and baking soda.
Stir oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla into your chocolate mixture. Then gradually stir in dry ingredients mixing until just combined.
Fill cupcake liners around 3/4 full. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the frosting
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in salt, cherry juice, vanilla, and red food coloring. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Fold in chopped cherries.