Red Velvet Blossoms
Chewy red velvet cookies topped with a Hershey's Kiss: Your Favorite Christmas Cookie All Dressed Up For Valentine's Day
- 1 Bag Hershey's Kisses, Un-Wrapped
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/3 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Red Gel Food Coloring
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt, To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Red Sanding Sugar
Heat oven to 375 Degrees F.
In a large bowl cream butter, peanut butter, and white sugar. Stir in egg, milk, vanilla, and food coloring.
Stir in baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Gradually mix in flour a little at a time. Mix until just combined.
Roll dough into one inch balls. Then roll dough in red sanding sugar, and place on un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are set.
When cookies are done baking, immediately press a Hershey's Kiss in the center and push down until the cookie cracks.