Morning Glory Muffins with Streusel
Morning Glory Muffins With Stresuel:Clean out your pantry with these healthy morning glory muffins topped with a decadent cinnamon streusel. Tastes like carrot cake for breakfast!
- <b> For The Morning Glory Muffins </b>
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Carrots, Grated
- 1 Apple, Peeled, Cored, and Grated
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 2/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- <b>For the Cinnamon Streusel Topping: </b>
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir in carrots, raisins, apple, coconut, and walnuts.
Stir in eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
<b> For the Cinnamon Streusel </b>
In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon,and butter. Cut butter in with 2 forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Fill muffin tin ~3/4 of the way through. Evenly divide streusel over each muffin, ~1 tablespoon each.
Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire wrack to cool completely.