Cadbury Cupcakes: Rich chocolate cupcakes with creamy buttercream frosting decorated to look like a Cadbury Egg. The easiest and yummiest Easter Cupcake around!
- <b> For the Cadbury Cupcakes </b>
- 24 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, (12 Frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- <b> For the Buttercream Frosting </b>
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- Yellow Food Coloring, If Desired
<b> For the Chocolate Cadbury Cupcakes </b>
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Pour in buttermilk.
Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in flour a little a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
Fill cupcake liners ~2/3 of the way full. Press a frozen Cadbury egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a knife to cover the hole you made.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
<br> For the Buttercream Frosting </b>
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and salt.
Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Add milk as needed until you reach your desired consistency.
Dye ~1 Cup of the buttercream frosting yellow.
Spread or pipe white frosting. Top with yellow frosting. Top with a mini Cadbury Egg.