Chile Con Queso Dip
Chile Con Queso Dip: Melty gooey cheese dip that is perfect for Taco Tuesday! 100% from scratch, no Velveeta or other processed cheese.
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Finely Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Serrano Peppers, Finely Diced
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers Finely Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 6 Cups Shredded Cheese, I used 3 Cups Longhorn Cheddar and 3 Cups of Monterrey Jack
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt, To Taste
In a large sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add in onion, and peppers. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
Add garlic and cook for another minute.
Whisk in flour and cook for around 30 seconds.
Pour in milk and cook for 5 minutes whisking constantly until thickened.
Stir in tomatoes and cilantro.
Turn the heat down to low. Add cheese 1/4 a cup at a time. Let cheese melt before stirring in more. Repeat until all cheese is used up.
Stir in sour cream and salt to taste.