Crab Cream Cheese Wontons & Dipping Sauce
Crab Cream Cheese Wontons dipping sauce: Super crispy wontons stuffed with a juicy and flavorful crab filling. Cheaper and faster than takeout! Optional Sweet & Sour dipping sauce recipe included.
- For the Cream Cheese Wontons with Crab
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Crab Meat, Shell Removed
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Green Onions, Sliced Thin
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 24 Wonton Skins
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Oil, For Frying
- For the Sweet an Sour Crab Rangoon Dipping Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch Dissolved in 3 Tablespoons of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
For the Crab Cream Cheese Wontons
In a large bowl, combine crab and cream cheese.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add the egg yolk. Set aside, we'll use this to seal up our wontons in a bit.
Fill each wonton wrapped with ~1 teaspoon of filling. Coat the edges of the wonton with the sealing mixture. Then fold over to create a triangle.
Press to seal, and then crimp the edges using a fork.
In a large pot heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
Drain on paper towels.
For the Cream Cheese Rangoon Dipping Sauce
Im a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, vinegars, soy sauce, and ketchup. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch/water mixture with the sesame oil. Set aside.
In a medium skillet heat vegetable oil. Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes.
Slowly pour in your prepared sauce. Stir frequently until it comes to a boil. Reduce to low and add in cornstarch mixture until thickened.
Pour in water. Remove from heat.