Skinny General Tso's Chicken
Skinny General Tso's Chicken: Sticky sweet and spicy chicken that is lick your plate clean good. Tastes just like your favorite deep fried takeout dish.
- <b> For the Chicken </b>
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Strips
- 1 Egg + 2 Tablespoons Water, Whisked Together
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- <b> For the Sauce </b>
- 1 Cup Buzz + Bloom Honey
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Crushed Chilli Paste or Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Ginger, Freshly Grated
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
<b> For the Chicken </b>
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, Dip in egg mixture. Then coat in seasoned flour mixture.
Place onto prepared pan, and spray with cooking spray.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking time and spray again with non stick cooking spray.
<b> For the General Tso Sauce </b>
In a small bowl, stir soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, water, sesame oil, paprika, chili paste, salt, corn starch, garlic, and ginger together. Set aside.
In a medium sauce pan or wok boil 1/4 cup of water and honey. Pour in soy sauce mixture.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
Toss chicken pieces and sauce until well combined.