Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake: Silky smooth red velvet cheesecake topped with a tangy cream cheese topping. Your favorite cake tastes even better in cheesecake form!
- <b> For the Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 Cups Oreo Crumbs, About 20 Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- <b> For the Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake filling
- 3 8 Ounce Bricks Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Red Food Coloring
- <b> For the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream </b>
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canned Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
<b> For the Oreo Cookie Crust </b>
Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine oreos and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch greased springform pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Cover outside of pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil.
<b> For the Red Velvet Cheesecake </b>
Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder.
Add eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
Pour into pan. Pound on counter a few times.
Place springform pan inside another pan filled halfway with lukewarm water. (I used a roasting pan.)
Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
Turn heat off and leave cheesecake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
Crack open the oven door, and leave cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
<b> For the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream </b>
Whip cream in a chilled bowl until it starts to show soft peaks. Stir in powdered sugar.
Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese icing.
Spread or pipe onto cheesecake.