Turkey Meatloaf Muffins(Last Updated On: March 19, 2019)
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Shady Brook Farms. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins: Tender and flavorful meatloaf cupcakes topped with garlic thyme mashed potato “frosting”.
When I think of meatloaf I think of heavy food best enjoyed on a cold winter day. I wanted to lighten it up into a dish that is appropriate for summer.
It’s perfect for easy summer entertaining. This is especially true if you enjoy Memorial Day inside because hate the heat or are scared of bugs (or both!!) like me.
The Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are made with turkey, which means it’s lower on fat but still big on flavor. I used Shady Brook Farms turkey in my recipe. I love how easy it is to find their pre ground turkey right at my local super market It’s fresh so no defrosting needed!. Best of all they do NOT use growth promoting antibiotics.
You can see this right on the package with the USDA Process Verified Sticker.
Their meat is sourced from 700 independent farmers, which I can feel good about supporting.
I’ve also included a generous amount of zucchini which our neighbors always bless us with during the summer season from their gardens. I hope you find time to enjoy these Turkey Meatloaf Muffins!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
For the Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 LB Shady Brook Farms Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Zucchini Grated and Patted Dry
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Minced
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For the Mashed Potato "Frosting
- 2-3 Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 2 Garlic Cloves Halved
- 2 Tablespoons Fat Free Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Skim Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme Dried
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper To Taste
- Place potatoes, garlic, and salt in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
- While potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients. Evenly divide among cupcake liners.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
- Spread or pipe with mashed potato "frosting".
Adapted via Skinny Taste
What do you think of these Turkey Meatloaf Muffins? What’s your favorite way to use ground turkey?