Sweet Tea Grilled Chicken: Juicy chicken in a flavorful sweet tea marinade. Your favorite summer drink is now a main dish! #ad
Nothing says summer to me like grilling. The sizzle of meat, and the smell of charcoal make my mouth water.
Grilling at our home typically involves hotdogs, hamburgers, or a thick, juicy steak. However, this time I wanted to mix things up with something that doesn’t get a lot of love on the grill: chicken.
Besides grilling, another thing I associate with summer is Iced Tea! It’s not a summer day without sitting out on the porch with an icy cold glass of sweet tea! Why not incorporate it into a recipe?
I decided to combine two of my favorite things about summer into one great dish.
This Sweet Tea Grilled Chicken is easy enough for a weeknight summer meal, but delicious enough for a summer BBQ party. Slow down, relax, and make some #MomentsToSavor.
You can choose to enjoy it on a busy work night, or while lounging with friends on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
The chicken itself is marinated in Tradewind’sSlow Brewed Iced Tea for 24 hours. This really drives home a punch of flavor that permeates and tenderizes the meat.
Goes great with:
Sweet Tea Grilled Chicken
- 2 Cups Tradewinds Sweet Tea
- ¼ Cup Kosher Salt
- 1 Vidalia Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Lemon Thinly Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6-10 Chicken DrumSticks
- In a large bowl combine Tradewinds Sweet Tea, salt, onion, lemon, garlic, rosemary, and pepper.
- Pour marinade into a large baking dish, and cover. Marinate in the fridge for around 24 hours. You could also use a baggie if you’d prefer.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade.
- Heat grill for medium heat (around 350 degrees). Grill for about 10 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F,and juices run clear.
Adapted via My Recipes.
If you don’t like drumsticks, chicken breasts would also be fabulous. Just be sure to adjust your cooking times (and appetite!) appropriately.
If you want an even more unique flavor twist, use flavored tea like raspberry instead!
Mouth watering for some Sweet Tea Grilled Chicken tonight? Head on over to https://www.tradewindstea.com/buy-tradewinds/ to pick some up today.