As you walk down the specialty liqueur aisle at your local liquor store, you glance across the various bougie bottles and land on St Germain. You pick up the bottle and look it up and down, maybe you’ve seen this liqueur online, or maybe you saw it in your mother-in-law’s liquor cabinet. But what can you do with this up-and-coming liqueur?
St Germain has quickly gained popularity as a light, refreshing and botanical elderflower liqueur. As a French liqueur made from the finest elderflowers, this liqueur makes any wine, champagne, vodka, or gin cocktail dangerously drinkable.
It is worth a second glance as its flavor comes from the elderflower which is picked only once per year at its peak freshness.
St. Germain Fast Facts
- Flavor: Sweet and floral with notes of citrus
- Strength:40 proof or 20% ABV
Tips and Tricks
Now that your brain is spinning with the potential for all of these light, refreshing St Germain cocktails, it’s time to get mixing! Before you break out the shaker,follow these easy tips.
- If a recipe calls for fresh ingredients, use them for more authentic flavors.
- If you want a cold drink, chill your glass in the fridge or freezer.
- Use a lot of ice when shaking so that your drink is cold and refreshing.
- Buy higher quality liquors and liqueurs, they typically have much better taste and flavor.
- Always taste-test before serving to make sure your proportions are correct.