Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole: Flavorful sweet potatoes topped with candied nuts and gooey marshmallows. The slow cooker makes this dish nearly effortless!
The sweet potatoes are boiled, and the casserole is made right in your crockpot! However, if you want it NOW (and I don’t blameyou),you can also make it in the oven. (See directions below.)
I like to pop my crockpot sweet potato casserole under the broiler to toast the marshmallows at the end, but you certainly don’t have to. You could just add the marshmallows into the crockpot instead. They’re still get ooey gooey, just not browned.
- 5 Pounds Sweet Potatoes,Peeled and Diced
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2-3 Teaspoons Salt (To Taste)
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- For the Topping
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Place water and sweet potatoes into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-4½ hours. Drain.
- Return to slow cooker, and mash. Stir in eggs, vanilla, butter, brown sugar, salt, and heavy cream.
- In a small small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and pecans. Sprinkle evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Top with marshmallows. If desired, pour into a greased 9x13 pan and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Oven Version
- In a large sauce pan bring sweet potatoes to a boil. Cool for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mash potatoes, and stir in eggs, vanilla, butter, brown sugar, salt, and heavy cream.
- Evenly spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, stir brown sugar, flour, butter, and pecans together. Evenly sprinkle over potatoes. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows, and broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Adapted via Le Creme de la Crumb
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole Tips
- Even with a sharp knife sweet potatoes can be hard to cut. Try microwaving for 2-3 minutes before dicing.
- Use a slow cooker liner (found in the foil/saran wrap aisle) to make clean up a breeze!
Craving more Thanksgiving treats?
Sweet Potato Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Sweet Potato Chess Pie via Grandbaby Cakes
Spiced Sweet Potato Pie via Mom on Timeout
Sweet Potato Ice Cream via Beyond Frosting
What do you think of this slow cooker sweet potato casserole?