Healthy Gingerbread Cookies(Last Updated On: August 4, 2020)
Disclosure: This Healthy Gingerbread Cookies recipe is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own.
Healthy Gingerbread Cookies: Crunchy cookies made with rich Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, ginger, and spices. Perfect with a cup of coffee or cocoa!
I love baking Christmas Cookies. The people I share most of them with are my Grandparents. Unfortunately, they’re both diabetic. It’s important to both of us that there be some sensible options that won’t wreck havoc on their blood sugars.
Healthy Gingerbread Cookies – A Tasty Holiday Cookie Alternative
They love old fashioned spice cookies so Healthy Gingerbread Cookies was the obvious choice.
In this recipe I swapped out traditional brown sugar for Splenda’s Brown Sugar Blend. It’s easy to use and is made with a combination of splenda and brown sugar. The result? A rich delicious taste with less added sugar!
Not diabetic? Splenda is an easy way to reduce the amount of calories in your baked goods without sacrificing taste or texture.
Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 6 Tablespoons Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Icing to decorate if desired
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar blend until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the Egg, Vanilla and Molasses and combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the Flour, Ginger, Cinnamon, Baking soda, Nutmeg, Salt and Cloves.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until fully incorporated. The dough will be moist and slightly sticky.
- Divide the dough in half and place on two separate pieces of plastic wrap. Form into disks, wrap with the plastic and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove one disk from the refrigerator at a time and turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/8 – ¼ inch thickness. Cut out shapes using lightly greased cookie cutter. Place the cutouts onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350˚ until the edges are just beginning t brown (around 8-10 minutes). Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire wracks to cool completely.
- Decorate with icing, candies or chocolate chips as desired.
Looking for more Sweet Swaps? Have a great Splenda recipe to share? Check out Splenda’s website Here.
What do you think of these Healthy Gingerbread Cookies?