Skinny General Tso’s Chicken
Disclosure: This Skinny General Tso’s Chicken recipe is sponsored by Buzz + Bloom Honey via Mom it Forward. All opinions on it’s spicy sweet finger licking deliciousness are my own.
Ever stop to wonder why some foods just taste better than others? For example, what makes your homemade pizza tastes 10x better than the big name chain?Or what about your favorite Chinese takeout dish. Authentic local restaurants blow the popular mall chains out of the water!
The deliciousness is in the details! And for our recipe the details=the ingredients.
That’s why for this recipe I used Buzz + Bloom Honey. It provides the perfect sweet note to balance out the spicy chili paste. Buzz + Bloom Honey is as high quality as they come. It is sourced directly from places like Brazil and India! I’m sure you’ve heard of farm to table, get ready for hive to table!
What their honey is made WITHOUT is also impressive. All varieties of their honey are gluten free, AND free of artificial flavors/preservatives.
Skinny General Tso's Chicken
- <b> For the Chicken </b>
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Cut Into Strips
- 1 Egg + 2 Tablespoons Water Whisked Together
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- <b> For the Sauce </b>
- 1 Cup Buzz + Bloom Honey
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Crushed Chilli Paste or Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Ginger Freshly Grated
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- <b> For the Chicken </b>
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, Dip in egg mixture. Then coat in seasoned flour mixture.
- Place onto prepared pan, and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking time and spray again with non stick cooking spray.
- <b> For the General Tso Sauce </b>
- In a small bowl, stir soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, water, sesame oil, paprika, chili paste, salt, corn starch, garlic, and ginger together. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan or wok boil 1/4 cup of water and honey. Pour in soy sauce mixture.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Toss chicken pieces and sauce until well combined.
Recipe adapted via Rock Recipes
Going to try my Skinny General Tso’s Chicken for yourself? Be sure to pick up some Buzz + Bloom Honey at BuzzandBloomhoney.com or select retailers.
What do you think of this General Tso’s Chicken recipe? How would you use Buzz + Bloom Honey in your everyday cooking or dessert recipes?