Skillet Sausage Rigatoni(Last Updated On: August 4, 2020)
Skillet Sausage Rigatoni: Amazingly cheesy pasta with spicy sausage. This creamy comfort food is ready in 30 minutes!
Growing up one of my favorite meals was rigatoni with tomato sauce and cheese, or as we called them sewer pipes! However, our busy weeknight schedule doesn’t leave time for slowly simmered sauce and 1 hour+ in the oven.
That’s why I love this skillet version. All the same flavors with half the time and effort!
You can skip the hours of simmering sauce with Ragu’s new Homestyle Traditional Sauces! This new line of thick & hearty sauces uses peeled, chopped ,and simmered ingredients for taste that really is just as good as homemade.
I love that they’re made without any artificial colors/flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
The result is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s sure to please the whole family for dinner. Leftovers are great heated up for lunch too!
Ragu Homestyle sauces come in five delicious flavors. For this recipe I used the I used the traditional variety.
Skillet Sausage Rigatoni
- 1 23 Ounce Jar of Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1 LB Italian Sausage or Plain Sausage with 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 15 Ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 2 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 1 LB Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 ⁄2 Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Place pasta in bowl with boiling water & leave to soak. Stir 23 times in the first ten
- Combine ricotta cheese, cream and Ragu sauce.
- Heat sauce mixture and 1⁄4 cup parsley on stove over medium heat until bubbling.
- Add sausage and mash through with a potato masher, leaving some chunks. Simmer until the cooked through.
- Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and quickly stir through.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, stirring through so that the pasta is evenly distributed
- through the sauce.
- Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and sliced cheese sticks. Cover and cook over a very low heat for ten minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler and place Ziti under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve immediately.
Looking for more easy Italian recipes? Check out the Ragu website!
What do you think of this Skillet Sausage Rigatoni?