Santa Hat Peppermint Cheesecake Bars: Super creamy peppermint cheesecake inside a homemade oreo crust. Top with a strawberry to resemble Santa’s Hat!
I go through vanilla extract like no one’s business. However, I hardly ever reach for my Peppermint Extract.
I use it every year in my Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. However, it tends to languish on the shelf until I buy a new bottle the next year.
These Peppermint Cheesecake Bars a great way to use up peppermint extract. However, they’re also very customizable.
Seeing this Peppermint Cheesecake Bars recipe after Christmas? Feel free to substitute vanilla extract and top with strawberries for a yummy Valentines Day treat.
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 3 Tablespoon Butter Melted
For the Cheesecake
- 2 8 Ounce Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 9 Strawberries
- Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crush oreos with a wooden spoon or rolling pin. (You can also use a food processor if you have one).
- In a small bowl, mix oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press into an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract until well combined. Add eggs. Mix until just combined. Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Cool completely.
- Cut in 9 squares. Top with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. (I topped the strawberry with a dot of icing to resemble a Santa hat as well).
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
What do you think of these Santa Hat Peppermint Cheesecake Bars?