Pretzel Pizza: Buttery pretzel crust topped with all your favorite toppings. Quicker and tastier than delivery: no rising needed!
With the Cowboys still missing (my imaginary husband) Tony Romo, football is almost painful to watch! 🙁
The only thing I have to look forward to anymore is the food! This Pretzel pizza combines two game day favorites: pizza and soft pretzels.
My pretzel pizza is even quicker than delivery because you don’t have to wait for the dough to proof! Top with butter and sea salt for that authentic pretzel flavor.
I used cheese and pepperoni on my pretzel pizza, but feel free to use whatever toppings you like best. I feel like cheddar and bacon would also be AMAZING!
- 1⅓ Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Table Salt
- ⅓ Cup Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, Melted
- Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce (I like Del Grosso Pappy Fred's)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices, or any other desired toppings
- In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and honey. Stir until combined. Allow the yeast to "do its thing" for ~5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, and add flour a little at a time until a dough begins to form. Knead for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large stock pot bring ~2 inches of water to a boil. Add baking soda, reduce to simmer.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Roll out into 3 circles. Drop one at a time into the simmering water for 30-40 seconds.
- Grease a pizza pan and place dough on prepared pan. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Pull out of oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Bake for 10-15 more minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Adapted via Le Creme De La Crumb
Craving more Pizza?
Pizza Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Hawaiian Pizza via Shugary Sweets
Vegan Pizza Margherita via Crazy Vegan Kitchen
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza via Spicy Southern Kitchen
What do you think of this pretzel pizza recipe?