Potato Skins Recipe + Contest Announcement
I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Lay’s. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Do you remember around this time last years Lay’s held a contest to pick a new flavor? The winner (and my favorite Lays flavor to date) was Cheesy Garlic Bread.
Bummed you didn’t win? Here’s your chance to try again! Lay’s is at it again with their new “Do Us A Flavor” contest with a prize of 1 Million dollars.Check out the rules and enter here.
One of my favorite recipes that I think would be amazing as chip is Potato Skins! I mean you’ve already got 1/2 the recipe with the chip alone. Just add some sharp cheddar, smoky bacon, and tangy green onion,and boom potato skin deliciousness.
Here’s my tried and true recipe:
Weird Baking Beauty Tip: Want to double or triple the recipe for a crowd? Instead of scrubbing 10 or 20 potatoes wash them in the dishwasher (minus detergent!).
- 5 Russet Potatoes (Scrubbed)
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Sices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Green Onion,sliced
- Sour Cream
- Bake potatoes for around 1 hour or until tender in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool 10-15 minutes. Slice in half longways, and scoop out centers. (Save for mashed potatoes or potato cakes!!).
- Brush bottom lightly with oil. Put a pat of butter on the inside of each.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until crispy.
- Add cheese and bacon. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Garnish with green onion and sour cream if desired.
What do you think would YOU eat a Potato Skin chip?
Potato Skins really Baking Beauty? You think that’s a million dollar winner -giggle snort-.
You’ve got a better idea you say? Be sure to enter it over at Lays
All you need to do is pick a name, 3 ingredients, and style (Original, Wavy, and Kettle Cooked). I loved checking out every one else’s ideas as well.
There are so many unique creative ideas. I cannot wait to try the winning chips! Will it be yours?!
What is your Ultimate flavor combination and do you think it’d make a good chip?