Spicy pepperoni and gooey cheese come together in this pizza pasta. It tastes just like pizza and is a real family favorite in this house.
Make it a meal with a tossed salad and garlic knots.
Are you looking for a simple casserole that will taste amazing? My Pizza Pasta bake it a great choice for an easy dinner idea. With all the flavors of your favorite pizza, you can have a filling, budget-friendly dinner idea. Bonus: Kids love it too!
It is great to make for dinner at home, pot lucks ,or even to bring to a friend. You can even customize it with your favorite flavors to make a dinner that everyone will! love. Love easy pasta dinners? Also try our buffalo chicken pasta and our baked Mac and cheese.
- Ground Beef: You could also use ground sausage.
- Bell Pepper: Any color will do.
- Rigatoni: You could also use rotini, ziti, or cavatappi. Any large noodle that will hold our sauce/meat will work just fine.
- Marinara Sauce: I used a 3 cheese variety. There is a difference between pizza sauce and pasta sauce. Pizza sauce tends to be uncooked tomato sauce. It is made from pureed tomatoes with salt, pepper and some extra seasoning like garlic and oregano. Pasta sauce is a cooked sauce that usually has more ingredients like onions and chunky tomatoes. Either will work in this recipe, but I prefer marinara.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Pizza Pasta
- Cook Beef and Veggies: In a large skillet brown beef. Cook onion and pepper until softened.
- Cook Pasta: Add pasta, marinara, and water. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add toppings: Stir in cheeses and pepperoni.
- Garnish with additional cheese and pepperoni.
Can You Freeze It?
Yes! This makes a great freezer meal idea. I also like to double the recipe. Split it in half. Bake one for dinner and put the other one in the freezer, before baking it. When you are ready to bake,let it thaw in the refrigerator first. You can also freeze it once cooked. When you are ready to reheat, add a little more sauce to the dish.
- Mix Up the Meat: Use ground sausage for a spicier flavor.
- More Veggies: Add your favorite veggies like mushrooms or black olives.
- Make It Vegetarian: Leave out the meat entirely or use veggie crumbles instead.
- Spice It Up: Add crushed red pepper flakes, and diced jalapeno.
- Make It Gluten Free: Use gluten free pasta. Make sure to check labels of all other items as well.
More Easy Dinners
- 1 Pound Ground Beef Lean
- 1 Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Cups Water
- 24 Slices Pepperoni
- 1 Box Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded and Divided
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- In a large dutch oven, brown ground beef. Cook onion and pepper until softened.
- Pour in pasta, marinara, and water. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer for ~15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in pepperoni, parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Add additional cheese on top, and garnish with additional pepperoni if desired.